GPU Overclocking Guide By Using MSI AfterBurner:
Many budget gamers are most concerned with their low frame rates in different games, especially their AAA titles. To solve the problem of frame rates with the lower-end GPUs, we can simply overclock the GPU, or simply alter the performance of the GPU. We will show you simple steps on how to easily overclock any GPU.
MSI afterburner is a tool that supports almost every GPU and lets the users overclock their GPU. MSI afterburner gives you a few options, “a core clock meter” on which the GPU is currently running, a “fan speed control”, and how much “power” is provided to a GPU.
For proper overclocking, you will have to slightly increase the clock speed of the GPU along with the power provided to the GPU. After the overclocking is done, you will have to check for the temperature of the GPU because the increase in temperature apparently can lead to permanent damage to the GPU. Overclocking requires good knowledge and experience so make sure you are ready for it before going to overclock your GPU.
Temperature Check and Fan Speed:
After you are done checking up your GPU temperature, if that was normal then good if not then make sure to reduce the core clock back to normal or increase the fan speed a little further. MSI Afterburner is one of the best tools available for free on the internet to overclock any GPU without any issues.
If the GPU Performance started fluctuating after overclocking or the performance went worse than before then you can revert all the changes by resetting or pulling down the clock speed of the GPU back to normal like it was.
Steps To Follow For Overclocking GPU With MSI After Burner:
- Download MSI After Burner and Install it.
- Open the app, and it will show all your GPU current stats.
- Check for the Memory clock and core clock that are available, so you can alter them as you want.
- Slightly increase the memory clock and core clock, but not too much because that will have a negative impact on your performance.
- Always keep an eye on the temperature of the GPU with the Clock changes.
- If your GPU raised the temperature in games or other visual works then you can try increasing the fan speed which will help decrease the temperature.
- If the Frames dropped further than before in games, then will have to shift back to the normal settings by resetting the MSI Afterburner or decreasing back the clocks to normal.
- If your GPU was good at overclocking then for sure the performance will improve and you will be able to play games on higher frame rates than before.